The Paramount Theatre is committed to accessibility for all our patrons. Questions about accessible seating and restrooms, accessible tours, assistive listening devices, or sign language interpretation? Please review the theatre Accessibility page to ensure your experience at the Paramount Theatre is an enjoyable one.
Paramount Theatre follows the California state law that prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21. To achieve this goal, the following policies have been established to promote the responsible and safe use of alcohol.
- Any guest who appears to be 40 years of age or younger will be required to provide appropriate proof of age with one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid United States driver’s license
- Any valid U.S. State or Federal Government issued Identification
- Any valid U.S. Passport and/or Passport Card
- Valid Military ID issued by the U.S. Department of Defense
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Please note: We cannot accept clipped IDs with papers as a form of valid identification.
- Guests may not possess or purchase more than two (2) alcoholic beverages at a time
- All concession stands and portable units will stop serving alcohol after intermission concludes.
- Alcohol of any kind may not be brought into or removed from the theatre.
- Any guest who is determined to be deliberately concealing alcohol while entering the theatre may not be permitted to enter the theatre.
- Paramount Theatre management reserves the right to confiscate any items, bottles and/or containers used to attempt to bring alcohol into the theatre.
- Any guest who exhibits behavior that distracts, inconveniences or interferes with another guest’s enjoyment of the event may be removed from the theatre.
- Alcohol will not be served to any underage person or visibly impaired guest.
- Alcohol beverage sales may be curtailed or prohibited at the discretion of Paramount Theatre management.
As of October 21, 2021
In order to provide a safe environment and expedite guest entry into the theatre, we strongly encourage guests to only bring essential items in bags 4.5” x 6.5” or smaller.
- Bags measuring 18” x 12” x 12” or smaller
- Bags with required medical items or equipment within the permitted bag size
- Diaper bags (1 per child) within the permitted bag size
- Bag must fit and be stored under your seat
- Bags cannot take up a seat or cause an obstruction
- All bags are subject to search
- Bags larger than 18” x 12” x 12”
- Briefcases or any hard-sided bag
- Luggage of any kind
- Camera Bags
Banners / Flags / Posters / Signs
Banners, flags, posters or signs of any kind are prohibited to enter the venue.
The Paramount Theatre is available for rent. If you are a potential promotor interested in booking an event at the theatre, please visit the Booking Guidelines page and the Rates, Specs, and Equipment page for more information.
Regular Box Office Hours:
- Friday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- CLOSED Saturday through Thursday unless there is an event scheduled
- Event Box Office opens 2 hours prior to curtain time
- Unless an event is scheduled, the Box Office is closed on Federal Holidays.
For more information, please visit the Box Office page.
Cameras of any kind are prohibited.
*Please note that this policy is subject to change on a show-by-show basis or per an artist’s request.
The Paramount Theatre is now a “Cashless” venue.
- The Paramount Theatre no longer accepts cash. ALL points of sale: the Box Office, bars and merchandise will be cashless.
- Credit cards accepted at the Box Office: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Apple Pay accepted.
- Google Pay accepted.
To protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff, the Coat Check is currently closed.
Light snacks and beverages are available for purchase. Visit the Concessions page for more information. Please note: Outside food, beverages, or containers of any kind are NOT permitted into the theatre.
Have a question about the Paramount Theatre? We’re here to help and we love to hear from our recent guests or potential visitors. Please submit a form on the Contact Us page.
The Paramount Theatre is located at 2025 Broadway between 20th and 21st Streets in downtown Oakland, California. See the Directions & Parking page for details.
The Paramount Theatre is committed to attracting and retaining a highly qualified workforce. You can find a list of full-time and part-time open positions on the Employment page.
There are two (2) guest entrances to the Paramount Theatre. The Main Entrance is located on Broadway between 20th and 21st Street.
The Box Office entrance is ADA accessible and is located on 21st Street between Telegraph and Broadway.
- A facility fee to benefit the Paramount Endowment Fund will be added to the price of each ticket that is sold. The fee is $3.00 per ticket.
- Smoking/vaping is not allowed anywhere in the theatre.
- Child policy varies according to each show.
- No outside food or drink is permitted into the Paramount Theatre. The full-service bar offers beverages and light snacks. Only snacks and drinks from the Paramount service bar are permitted in the seating area.
Please visit the General Information page for more.
Oakland's Paramount Theatre is one of the finest remaining examples of Art Deco design in the United States. Restored to its original splendor, meticulously maintained, and fully upgraded to modern technical standards, this Historic Landmark now serves all the arts. To learn more about the Paramount’s rich history and view photos, please visit the History tab.
Planning to spend the night, or even a few? Find a list of Area Hotels here.
Lost & Found
Lost and Found items are turned in to the Box Office (located on 21st Street). All items are kept for 90 days then will be donated if unclaimed. Contact us directly at 510-465-6400 for details regarding lost items. Patrons who find items during an event are asked to drop the item off with an event staff member, at the Box Office, or at Coat Check.
Oakland Ballet Company
The Paramount Theatre is the proud home of the Oakland Ballet Company.
Come enjoy the beauty of dance at the Paramount Theatre with performances such as Luna Mexicana each November and Graham Lustig's The Nutcracker each December.
For more information about the Oakland Ballet Company, please visit: https://oaklandballet.org/
The Paramount Theatre is the proud home of the Oakland Symphony.
The Oakland Symphony handles all of their own tickets sales. Visit the Oakland Symphony website and purchase tickets.
Outside Food & Beverages
Outside food, beverages, or containers of any kind are NOT permitted into the theatre. Light snacks and beverages are available for purchase inside the venue. Please see Concessions.
While the Paramount Theatre does not have any parking of its own, it is surrounded by several major parking facilities. See the Directions & Parking page for details. We encourage you to consider taking public transportation instead.
Leaving the theatre and re-entering is prohibited. Re-entry is only permitted in the case of a medical emergency.
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. Tickets are for personal use only, NOT for resale.
Want to grab a bite to eat before the show? There is an abundance of tasty restaurant options near the Paramount. See a list of Area Restaurants here.
Restrooms are available inside the venue on the Mezzanine and Lower levels. There are two (2) wheelchair-accessible restrooms for our guests with disabilities located on the Main Floor between the 21st Street entrance and Aisle 5.
In accordance with Oakland's Smoking Pollution Control Ordinance, Paramount Theatre of the Arts is a completely non-smoking facility. This ordinance prohibits smoking or vaping inside the theatre and mandates that smoking or vaping outside of the building occurs at a minimum distance of 25 feet from doors and windows.
The Designated Smoking Area is on the 20th Street side of the theatre and is only available during the 20-minute intermission. Please plan your smoking needs accordingly.
Tickets may be purchased:
- By Secure Online Purchase: Access the Ticketmaster schedule of Paramount Theatre events.
- In-Person: Purchase tickets (mobile tickets only) to Paramount Theatre events at the Box Office, located on the 21st Street side of the Paramount Theatre. In-person service charges will apply.
- Service charges vary according to the event.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. Tickets are for personal use only, NOT for resale.
Please visit the Box Office for ticketing inquiries.
Public guided tours of the Paramount Theatre are given on the first and third Saturdays of each month, excluding holidays and holiday weekends. No reservations are necessary. Tours begin promptly at 10:00 am at the Box Office entrance on 21st Street near Broadway. The tour lasts about two hours and provides a full and informative view of the Theatre. Cameras are allowed. Admission is $5.00 per person. Children must be at least 10 years old and adult chaperones are required. Please note that some areas of the tour are not wheelchair accessible. Visit the Tours page for more information.
Interested in becoming a volunteer usher at the Paramount?
We will be restructuring our volunteer program; consequently, we are not accepting new applicants at this time. Please check back on the Employment page for more information about our new volunteer program.