COVID-19 Safety Requirements
As of September 20, 2021
ALL GUESTS are required to wear a mask for the duration of the event except when actively eating or drinking.
ALL GUESTS AGES 12 AND OLDER will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose).
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the original vaccination card, or a digital vaccination record with an appropriate ID matching the name on vaccination documentation.
Digital Proof of Vaccinations:
- PREFERRED: CLEAR app (CLEAR – Fast, Touchless Access – Create a Health Pass – it’s FREE and includes your photo and vaccine record)
- California residents may request a digital vaccination record at Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (government-issued photo ID will be required).
GUESTS 3-11 YEARS OF AGE, who are not vaccinated, will be required to present proof of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test (PCR or antigen test) within three (3) days of the event start time before entering the venue.
Acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy). The documentation must include:
- Type of test (a PCR or antigen test only)
- The entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
- Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected within the three (3) days of the event start time.
- Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
- Test Result
- Over-the-counter tests will not be accepted as proof of negative results of COVID-19
Paramount Theatre Management and Board of Directors is taking every possible reasonable measure to promote a healthier and safer environment for our guests, staff, artists, and visitors.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE:
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness — including, without limitation, exposure to COVID-19 or any other bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether that exposure occurs before, during, or after the event, and regardless of how caused or contracted—and you hereby waive any and all claims and potential claims against Paramount Theatre of the Arts, Inc. and the City of Oakland and each of their employees, directors, officers, and agents relating to such risks, hazards, and dangers.
When am I considered fully vaccinated?
You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.
How will I provide proof of vaccine?
- Digital vaccination card using CLEAR Health Pass (it's free and includes your photo and vaccine record) OR
- Digital vaccination card, for California residents, using MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov and government-issued Photo ID OR
- Original vaccination card and government-issued Photo ID.
What about children under 12?
Children under 12 are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within three (3) days of the event start time.
Are all staff vaccinated?
Yes, all volunteers, full-time and part-time employees, both union and non-union along with all contractors are required to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
What time should I arrive?
Doors open one (1) hour before the show start time. We highly recommend arriving early, allowing time for a beverage, to find your seat and relax before the show begins. Using the CLEAR Health Pass will expedite entry into the theatre. Checking vaccination cards and Photo IDs will be time-consuming, meaning a longer wait time to enter the theatre.
Will the theatre's policy change when children under 12 are able to be vaccinated?
We will continually reassess our guidelines and adopt a policy based on guidance from the State of California and the Alameda County Health Department. We will keep our guests fully informed and will provided ample time to adjust to any policy changes that are made.
What is the mask requirement for attending an event at the Paramount Theatre?
ALL guests and staff will be required to wear a mask. Guests may remove their masks if and only if actively eating or drinking while seated. A non-vented N95 mask or other well-fitted mask is strongly recommended to provide maximum protection. Not Allowed: a scarf, ski mask, balaclava, bandana, turtleneck, collar, single layer of fabric, or any mask that an unfiltered one-way exhaust valve. Further guidance from Alameda County Health Department can be found at Health Officer Order NO. 21-03.
If I am unable to receive a vaccine for medical or religious reason, can I still attend an event at the Paramount Theatre?
Currently there are no medical or religious exemptions for events at the Paramount Theatre.
What happens if I already purchased tickets to a future event but am not vaccinated and do not intend to be fully vaccinated by the date of my event?
You may choose to resell your tickets for the event via Ticketmaster's Ticket Exchange, or you may request a refund for the face value price of the ticket at original place of purchase.
How You Can Keep Others Safe
- All guests ages 12 and up are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Paramount Theatre strongly encourages our guests to download the CLEAR app for fastest entry.
- Wear a mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking.
- Avoid crowding as you navigate the property.
- Use hand santizer and frequently wash your hands.
- Guests who are sick or have had recent contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms are asked to please stay home.
How We're Keeping You Safe
- Vaccinations - We require all employees, volunteers and contractors be fully vaccinated.
- Air Circulation & Filtration - We have reviewed ventilation performance to maximize fresh air circulation and have installed MERV 13 filters
- Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitizing - We are employing the latest cleaning solutions including the use of long-term protectants and sanitizers to minimize pathogens on all surfaces.
- Reduced Touchpoints - Cashless transactions for tickets, food & beverage and merchandise. Evolv technology for touchless security screening. Limited food and beverage options available to reduce guest and staff interactions.
- Hand sanitizer stations widely available throughout the theatre.