COVID-19 Safety Requirements
The Paramount Theatre is in compliance with the current City of Oakland COVID-19 ordinance pertaining to indoor public locations.
If you haven't already, we encourage everyone to get vaccinated and boosted to keep our community thriving. Please stay home if you are feeling sick or showing symptoms.
*Please note that this policy is subject to change on a show-by-show basis or per an artist’s request.
When am I considered fully vaccinated?
You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.
How will I provide proof of vaccine?
- Digital vaccination card using CLEAR Health Pass (it's free and includes your photo and vaccine record) OR
- Digital vaccination card, for California residents, using MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov and government-issued Photo ID OR
- Original vaccination card and government-issued Photo ID.
Are all staff vaccinated?
Yes, all volunteers, full-time and part-time employees, both union and non-union along with all contractors are required to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
How You Can Keep Others Safe
- All guests ages 12 and up are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Paramount Theatre strongly encourages our guests to download the CLEAR app for fastest entry.
- Wear a mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking.
- Avoid crowding as you navigate the property.
- Use hand santizer and frequently wash your hands.
- Guests who are sick or have had recent contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms are asked to please stay home.
How We're Keeping You Safe
- Vaccinations - We require all employees, volunteers and contractors be fully vaccinated.
- Air Circulation & Filtration - We have reviewed ventilation performance to maximize fresh air circulation and have installed MERV 13 filters
- Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitizing - We are employing the latest cleaning solutions including the use of long-term protectants and sanitizers to minimize pathogens on all surfaces.
- Reduced Touchpoints - Cashless transactions for tickets, food & beverage and merchandise. Evolv technology for touchless security screening. Limited food and beverage options available to reduce guest and staff interactions.
- Hand sanitizer stations widely available throughout the theatre.
Paramount Theatre Management and Board of Directors are taking every possible reasonable measure to promote a healthier and safer environment for our guests, staff, artists, and visitors.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE:
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness — including, without limitation, exposure to COVID-19 or any other bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether that exposure occurs before, during, or after the event, and regardless of how caused or contracted—and you hereby waive any and all claims and potential claims against Paramount Theatre of the Arts, Inc. and the City of Oakland and each of their employees, directors, officers, and agents relating to such risks, hazards, and dangers.